This is the finished key frames that were done on a whim.
Since I really didn't know what I wanted to do when we started it.
With the rough it got a little better but then I tried to start adding the ripples in the water.
It would take sometime before I would actually get them right though.
Moving onto the clean up I was final able to get a little more of a grasp on how to make the ripples actually work.
After working on this over the last week, I was able to finish coloring it and adding an extra thing to make it transparent. It isn't completely finished yet since we were given a little more time. I will have the ripples completely worked out and a much much better background.
I also plan on making the smoke more transparent as well and hope to add a bit more to it. This is the last update tonight but I plan on updating tomorrow or within this next week again.